Friday, May 2, 2008

Sleepless

Well, I was trying to get an afternoon nap, after having one sleepless night. It started when people the home owners association hired came. They were mowing the lawns. In a failed act to block that noise, I put on some calming William Ackerman music.
Many people would think that this would help! Nope! Well, a little later, they FINALLY LEFT. This is something that would happen in movies! Obviously, after you mow a lawn, you must blow away all the excess grass. So, they had leaf blowers, and they were blowing all the grass away. I could hear them all the way around the sub division.
They must have been doing that for at least half an hour. Having turned off the music already, I thought they were finally done, so I turned on the music again. I hope this makes you laugh so hard, you fly off your seat. The waste industries people come. They have this giant truck, that makes noise you can hear 50 miles away! I stood ten more minutes of this. I finally gave up. That was some nap! Then, I came down here and wrote this post!
People, if you ever try to take an afternoon nap, be aware of garbage days, mowing days, and blower days!

No comments: