Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Bullies

I have always been thinking about bullies and why the do the things they do. I have always found bullies, and what they do to other people very interesting. I think about why they do it. I want to find it out, and then I don't have to be afraid of them. :)
I had a friend, who wouldn't bully me physically, but emotionally. I know what you are thinking... "Why was she your friend if she bullied you?" Well, it wasn't always like that. Even though she did that, she was still a friend, because I forgave her. No one else wanted to try being her friend because they didn't like her. But, I have learned to tolerate it, get this, BULLIES ARE INSECURE!!! They only pick on you because it makes them feel better to make other people feel bad. My friend, was insecure. Most of the time, bullies are jealous of you. But, be humble, they have feelings too.
Whenever the people in the class always made fun of her, I was there to stick up for her. Mostly the boys did it, though. Once she went to the bathroom and cried, and I came after her to calm her down. I told her exactly what I am writing about. People pick on others to make themselves feel better. I have figured out that there are two kinds of bullies. The first kind, like my friend, will do anything to make a friend, and they may sometimes be your friend, but they also get bullied for their appearance. The second kind, is where they bully you physically, and like in shows, everyone goes running when they see that one person.
They may be two kinds of bullies, but they are actually alike. They are both insecure, and what they do to other people could have come from their childhood. For bullies that hurt you physically, you need to get an adult's help. The first kind of bullies, can be lightly taken care of, and they make do it again. They are just like us, and we shouldn't make fun of someone for their size, shape, and race. People are all people. We all have beating hearts, and brains. Just because someone is different, it doesn't give you a free pass to pick on them. What they look like is what makes them unique.
Bullies also bully people, if they get bullied. That is what happened with my friend. They just want to give anyone a taste of what it feels like to be bullied. You are insecure if you bully someone to make yourself feel better. So, to make a long story short, it is like a chain reaction. People are insecure because other people make them feel insecure. Or, they could just be unhappy about who they are in general. I have learned to ignore bullies, and feel sorry for them. They are really the ones less fortunate than you.

No comments: